Remarkable Productions Company Limited (registered company number 05875276) the event organisers of the London Mela, Croydon International Mela and related events (such as Festival of Fire and Light and Carnival of Light), hereafter referred to as “Remarkable Productions”, is committed to protecting your personal information.
- The London Mela website (https://www.londonmela.org/) and its related domains including https://www.croydonmela.org and
- London Mela official social media channels
- Emails sent via London Mela website contact form
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
In order to process your trader, exhibition stand bookings or job applications or other enquiries, we will need to collect and use information about you.
- what information Remarkable Productions may collect about you;
- how Remarkable Productions will use information we collect about you;
- when Remarkable Productions may use your details to contact you;
- whether Remarkable Productions will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction. We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
We do from time to time ask people for their personal details in forms to subscribe for specific information or entering applications electronically. Personal information collected via this website and the registration process is controlled by Remarkable Productions Company Limited (the data controller). This data is only held for the specified purpose made clear at the time of collection. Your data will only ever be shared with a third party for explicit, necessary processing purposes; for instance:
- Lost Planet is the Data Processor of your registered personal information if you have made an enquiry about trading at one of our events. Lost Planet have access to your registered personal information for the sole purpose of maintaining your registration details and processing trader bookings and related enquiries. Lost Planet will not use this information to contact you about anything other than Remarkable Productions’ events.
- Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All Data Processors will act only on instructions from Remarkable Productions.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information. When we do this, we will provide further details about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
We comply with all relevant data protection laws in all our dealings with your personal data, and we will ensure that our Data Processors do the same.
Remarkable Productions will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To contact you with information about the event you have registered your interest in.
- To contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide for the website, or CVs or applications uploaded to our contact form.
- To deal with your requests and enquiries.
- To use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries, and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not.
- For analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by Remarkable Productions.
- To notify you of any changes to Remarkable Productions’ policies and practices.
- We may also use and disclose anonymised information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where Remarkable Productions proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. When we do this, we will provide further information about why we are using your information and how we will use it and obtain your consent in advance where needed.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
You can subscribe to the official London Mela Newsletter either directly via the subscribe link on the London Mela website, or any other website owned by Remarkable Productions (such as the Croydon Mela website).
The London Mela Newsletter will bring your periodic updates on the Melas including other events organised by Remarkable Productions, the activities of our sponsors, or services available to Mela goers.
You can unsubscribe from the mailing list at any time, using the unsubscribe link in each newsletter email.
You have the following rights under the GDPR in respect of your personal information held by us:
(a) to access your personal data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal information the Festival holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
(b) to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed (this information is set out in this Policy)
(c) to have your personal data corrected where necessary (please contact us promptly should you become aware of any incorrect or out-of-date information)
(d) to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances (please refer to the appropriate data protection legislation or consult the ICO for details)
(e) to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
(f) to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business
In order to verify your request, you will be asked to provide copies of two forms of identification, which (Passport, Driving licence, Birth certificate, Current vehicle registration document).
You also have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
0303 123 1113.
Cookies may be used from time to time to assist us in presenting the website in a more usable format.
INFORMATION AND THE LAW
We may occasionally release your personal or financial information to assist law enforcement, to comply with laws or regulations, for example to enforce the terms under which you purchased a ticket, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Remarkable Productions, users of the sites or others, including your vital interests or those of another person.
This website is owned by Remarkable Productions Company Limited.